Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam has released an official notification of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2021-2022. Interested students studying in Class-X can apply online for this examination.
NTSE Exam 2021 Highlight
|Name of Exam||National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) 2021|
|Exam Conducted by||NCERT|
About the Scheme :
National Talent Search scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted Scholarship will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
Educational Qualification : Students of class-X studying in Government, Local Body, Govt aided, Private Schools are eligible to appear in the exam
- Assam State quota is 202
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category
- 27% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging OBC(NCL) category
- 10% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging EWS category
- 4% will reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 1250/- per month|
|UG and PG Course||Rs. 2000/- per month|
|PhD Course||as per UGC Guidelines|
Application Fee :
|For GEN/OBC||Rs. 250/-|
|For SC/ST||Rs. 225/-|
|PwD/ EWS||Rs. 220/-|
Selection Process :
- There will be two stage of selection process for the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-l (State Level), selection will be done by State /UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear In the Stage-II (National Level) examination, conducted by NCERT.
- State level qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers. There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
- Paper-1 : Mental Ability Test (MAT) – 100 marks
- Paper-2 : Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) – 100 marks
Examination Centers :
NTS Exam 2021 will be held at 81 nos. of centres across Assam including all the district Headquarters. Exam centres may be increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates.
How to Apply NTS Exam 2021
The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been mode ONLINE. students have to download the “Bidyarthi” app from play store of Android phone. Moreover, they can apply through our official website https://madhyamik.assam.gov.in Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit /Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
Important Dates of NTS Exam 2021
|Opening date for submission of Application||01/10/2021|
|Last date for submission of application||30/10/2021|
|Date of Examination will be declared by the NCERT||will be declared|
Important Web-Links :